This course introduces the student to the Infectious Disease Prevention and Response (IDPR) Plan for controlling COVID-19 and other infectious diseases in the workplace. Bloem First Aid Academy developed planning guidance on prevention of exposure to infectious diseases based on traditional infection prevention and industrial hygiene practices. It focuses on the need for employers to implement engineering, administrative, and work practice controls and personal protective equipment (PPE).
1. Infectious Disease Prevention and Planning.
2. Exposure Control Strategies.
3. Risk Levels and Respiratory Protection.
– Infection disease characteristics.
– Infectious disease prevention.
– Hierarchy of controls.
– Exposure classifications.
– Personal Protective Equipment.
– Personal Hygiene.
This is a non-accredited short learning programme.
Four weeks part-time. Entry Requirements
Students are required to complete a questionnaire.
There are no exams for this course.
R490 all inclusive, once off cost.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Bloem First Aid Academy Certificate.