About this course
The aim of the course is to equip candidates with the ability and confidence to conduct investigations into accidents/ incidents occurring on site.
With the use of course material provided, the candidate will be able to;
– Participate in investigations into HSE incidents
– Conduct workplace inspections to identify and report on unsafe conditions
– Identify the cause/s of accidents/ incidents
– Identify underlying causes
– Make recommendations to the employer to prevent re-occurrences
– Apply the principles learnt in the workplace
1. Why Investigate?
2. Principles of Incident Investigations
– The Language of Incident Investigations
– Investigate All Incidents, Including “Close Calls”
– Investigate Programs, Not Behaviours
– Focus on the Root Causes, Not Blame or Fault
3. Establish an Incident Investigation Program
4. Conduct Incident Investigations – a Four-Step System Approach
Step 1 – Preserve/ Document the Scene
Step 2 – Collect Information
Step 3 – Determine Root Causes
Step 4 – Implement Corrective Actions
5. Legislation Reference
Annexure A – Incident Investigation Form
Annexure B – Incident Investigator’s Kit
Annexure C – Tips for Video/ Photo Documentation
Annexure D – Sketch the Scene Techniques
Annexure E – Collect Information Checklist
Annexure F – Sample Questions for Identifying Incident Root Causes
This course is targeted at Managers, Supervisors and HSE Representatives with responsibilities for functions within the workplace.
SAIOSH (South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health), a professional body recognised by SAQA.
Course Accredited with 5 CPD credits.
This eLearning course may be completed from 8hrs up to 6 weeks from registration.
Students are required to complete a questionnaire.
There are no exams for this course.
R832 all inclusive, once off cost.
Upon completion of this course, students will be awarded a Bloem First Aid Academy Certificate.